Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Attack of the killer Caramel Delights!

Okay remember when your parents would say "Do as I say, not as I do", well that holds true for us today as we discuss how those Girls Scouts got me in trouble last night.  By beautiful daughter Elizabeth is a Girl Scout. My wife Merinda led her troop this past year and as usual purchase our fair share of Girl Scout  Cookies to give out to friends and family.  Turns out we still have about a case of assorted cookies left in our house.  These cookies have been off the do not throw out list because they were part their annual fundraiser and we would use them as gifts.  Well I think gift season is over.

That guy Roland Martin you see on TV or hear every morning on your local radio station, tore into a package of Thin Mints over the Memorial Day weekend; I decided I would follow up with a mini binge of bites of those darn Caramel Delights, so sad!

Well the cookies are being shipped out today to a local food pantry will a healthy dose of healthy foods to off-set those sinfully good calorie busters.  I wanted to throw them away, but my wife and daughter looked at me if I was getting rid of the family pet!

Well my answer to my momentary lapse of judgement was to create and incredible power breakfast as a response to my night of misdeeds with those Caramel Delights!  Look for my post later today



No comments:

Post a Comment